Message From The President
The BCPMA has been very busy over the last year:
- 85% of the DPM’s registered in BC are also members of the BCPMA. We continue to encourage our colleagues who have not joined the importance of belonging to our organization.
- In July 2014, the BCPMA provided volunteers for the Special Olympics National Games, and will be providing volunteers for the October 2015 event in Nanaimo, BC
- The BCPMA Board of Directors held their 2nd annual retreat in October 2014, followed by a joint meeting with the College of Podiatric Surgeons of BC Board. Current and future issues were discussed.
- The BCPMA Board of Directors will hold their 3rd annual retreat at the end of October 2015
- We participated in a local RCMP Health Fair. The goal of this was to improve our profile with the RCMP members, and the event was deemed a success.
- The BCPMA hosted a member’s event in January 2015. This “Iron Chef” challenge was great fun, with 4 teams cooking for top spot & prizes.
- Four members recently volunteered at a Fit Feet Healthy Athlete Special Olympic foot screening in Vancouver.
- Dr. Green attends the Region VII Board of Directors meetings, which take place in Seattle and continues to represent BCPMA on the CPMA Board.
- The BCPMA hosted a very successful annual scientific conference at the Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel & Resort on June 12-14, 2015. One of the many highlights was the Grape Stomping contest, with enthusiastic attendees and industry partners going ‘feet to feet’ for prizes.
- Annual General meeting of the BCPMA and CPS-BC were held in Kelowna during the BCPMA annual conference.
- BCPMA has been assisting in the organization of the Journal Clubs, which take place monthly, with the exception of December and summer months. Past articles are available on the web site in the Members Area.
- The Board of Directors reviewed the Associations’ Podiatry brochures and they have been updated and are available on the BCPMA web site in the Members Area.
- There are new articles on the website in the Members area.
- BCPMA has provided information to our members looking for assistance finding an MOA (temporary or permanent) on the website.
- BCPMA continues to assist the ShoeRenu (formerly Harbour Lights) Podiatry clinic. We had volunteers at the May 23 and September 21 clinic and will participate in the November 28 clinic.
- BCPMA will attend & provide a presentation to the RCMP Lunch & Learn session in November.
- Membership perks continue to evolve and are all listed in the Members area of the BCPMA web site.
Howard Green, DPM, DABPS, FACFAS